Competition #: 5-16187 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Orthopedic Surgeon
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Based on the agreement set by the department/service head;
Evening and weekend on-call coverage shared among the department members.
The Campbellton Regional Hospital in New Brunswick is seeking to recruit a full-time Orthopedic Surgeon. The chosen candidate will join a team of four surgeons who provide supra-regional on-call coverage within a group of eight. The candidate will be able to participate in teaching medical students and residents if interested.
The position includes professional medical work performed by a licensed specialist (holding specialist licensure recognized by the College of physicians and surgeons of New Brunswick). A licensed specialist enjoys great clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical problems within their field of specialization. They exercise independent judgment; however, the results and observations may be monitored and evaluated by the department or clinical program head, or by the medical director responsible for the department to which the physician belongs. Their work may also be monitored by the Local and Regional Chief of Staff and by the Medical Director responsible for their zone within the RHA. The physician abides by the By-laws of the RHA.
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC);(or equivalent)
- Degree from a recognized medical school and postgraduate university degree in the field of specialization (Orthopedic Surgeon);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.