Horizon Pandemic Response Screener General Application
FACILITY: Regional/Community Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual Temp
LANGUAGE: English and Bilingual opportunities available
JOB TITLE: Pandemic Response Screener (CUPE1)
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Shifts
SALARY: $16.62 / hr CUPE (Pay Band 1 All inclusive)
The Pandemic Response Screener greets all visitors/patients entering a designated Horizon facility with questions for the purpose of granting or denying permission to enter. Quality and safe patient care is a priority for Horizon.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Written and spoken compentence in English
- Certain positions require verbal compentency in both English (3) and French (2+) as demonstrated by testing. Please attach a valid proficiency certificate. Testing is also available through Horizon and conducted virtually.
The Pandemic Response Screener performs functions that support Horizon's ability to monitor designated facility access points to reduce the risk of infectious disease to patients/clients/staff/physicians. Access is only granted if the visitor/patient has a scheduled appointment, is an approved visitor or a patient support person.
- Maintain visibility at identified visitor/patient screening entrances to designated hospitals
- Ensure all visitors/patients entering facility are greeted, provided active offer of our official languages and asks pre-determined questions
- Permit or deny facility access as per pandemic requirements
- Advise all visitors/patients approved to enter on the requirement to wear a mask and maintain social distancing
- Collect, track and report data pertaining to visitor/patient
- Contact tracing information
- Volumes presenting to screening stations
- Requests for masks vs public wearing their own
- Reasons for visit by category (i.e. booked appointment, designated visitor, other)
- Practice appropriate social distancing and donning of required protective personal equipment as provided
- Adhere to processes and protocols established for the screening station
- Demonstrate living Horizon values during all interactions
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Demonstrated ability to meet the job requirement
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
PLEASE NOTE As of Sept 7, 2021: Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) in order to receive a job offer.