Marketing & Communications Advisor
At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position Marketing & Communications Advisor.
This role will support and coordinate communications, promotions, marketing and community engagement activities for all areas of Events East's business.
Plan and project manage all areas of assigned communications and marketing projects, including the development of communications plans, promotions, engagement activities and more.
Proactive management of Event's East digital strategy, including websites and social media execution and engagement, monitoring and evaluation for Scotiabank Centre, Halifax Convention Centre, Events East and Ticket Atlantic. Includes some evenings and weekends for monitoring and coverage.
Support the implementation of the Halifax Convention Centre and Scotiabank Centre's communications, promotions and marketing strategies with a focus on:
- Liaising with agency to manage projects including timelines, budgets, etc.
- Development and implementation of content strategy for digital platforms.
- Development of client communications and marketing tools.
- Ongoing management and implementation of email and other digital marketing campaigns.
- Work directly with event promoters on advertising campaigns, media opportunities, content development, photography, etc.
Support community engagement activities including developing and implementing project plans, volunteer coordination and event activations.
Write, edit and produce media material, speeches, newsletters, and other communications material.
Education & Experience
- University degree or diploma in public relations, communications or marketing.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and knowledge will be considered.
Job Specific/Technical Knowledge
- Excellent communication, writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong logic, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced team player who enjoys working collaboratively and brings innovative ideas to the table.
- Experience working with social media in a business setting, including content creation, planning and reporting.
- Experience developing and executing media plans.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in website management, Google Analytics reporting, email distribution systems and various CMS systems.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organize and superior project management skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint and Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with MailChimp and Survey Monkey.
- Confidence in evaluating options and making strong recommendations on proposed solutions.
- Agency experience an asset.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, August 3 at 5:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com