Job # P948
CLOSING DATE: NOON - AUGUST 3, 2021
The Network Administrator is accountable for the technical planning and administration of the City of Moncton data network environment, as assigned. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to; systems and network configuration management, network performance monitoring and maintenance, administration of network security, and design and planning of network infrastructure. Another critical area of responsibility of the Network Administrator is to act as the System Administrator in his/her absence and when additional resources are required.
This position reports directly to the Technology & Infrastructure Team Lead.
· Must have a university Degree in Computer Science or College Diploma in a Networking or Systems Administration discipline. Cisco CCNA / CCNP or Microsoft MCSE certifications are required.
· With a University Degree, minimum of two (2) years specific experience supporting IP networking in a medium to large scale Microsoft Windows and Unix environment.
· With a College Diploma, minimum of four (4) years specific experience supporting IP networking in a medium to large scale Microsoft Windows and Unix environment.
· Experience planning and implementing secure network topologies. Specific experience with Cisco switching, routing, and firewall technologies.
· Experience working with technical teams troubleshooting and resolving complex problems.
· The ability to function in English is a requirement. The ability to function in French would be an asset but not a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must have a strong knowledge of IP networking concepts and practices.
· Must have in-depth knowledge of network security concepts and techniques.
· Must have an understanding, through experience, of Information Technology services delivery. Knowledge of the ITSM service model would be an asset.
· Must demonstrate strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills.
· Must possess the ability to perform technical research; design technical processes; and write technical documentation.
· Knowledge of scripting and/or programming languages is an asset.
CONDITION OF WORK:
· The position requires the incumbent to provide after-hours support on a scheduled rotation and, at times, work outside normal hours and be on "Stand By" with respect to critical failures. On-call compensation and hours of work as per CHEA agreement. Considerable stress can develop when dealing with end-user issues and critical system failures.
· Significant local travel is required to plan, manage and restore network services therefore a valid NB Driver's license is required for this position.
Work With Us
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This position is a unionized position. The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package in accordance to the City Hall Employees Association / PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
A city that inspires
Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens
Sustainable, Diverse, Creative, Engaged, Leaders
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS:
Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.