Client Service Associate (CSA) (TFT 1.0)
Position at VON Canada (Nova Scotia)
Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Client Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
Anticipated End Date: 09/06/2021
On Call: No
The Service Delivery team will operate on a 7 days per week schedule, and the successful candidate must be available to work some weekends as well as evenings and holidays.
- Work as part of the Service Delivery team in the intake of new clients, and the planning and maintenance of client visits and service records
- Liaise with funders, clients and the care team in the community regarding services and information and is the first point of contact for all incoming service requests
- Coordination of service providers schedules and updates
- Receive and process referrals and updates and responds to phone inquiries from community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers and other agencies
- Coordinate all standardized data input, triaging of calls and information
- Work closely with frontline nurses, supporting their day to day needs
- Other duties/task as assigned by Manager
- Grade 12 required, university/college education preferred
- Ability to provide high quality customer service in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, problem solving & critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.