Registered Nurse (Supervisor)
TYPE: Permanent Part-Time
JOB LOCATION: Meteghan, NS
Villa Acadienne is an 86 bed long term care facility that has adopted the Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care. We believe in a resident centered care approach and strive to make life for our residents' worth living. We are moving away from a medical model of care and transforming our home into a place where residents can continue to grow and live full lives. We are situated in Meteghan, NS. We are about 30 minutes from Yarmouth, 40 minutes from Digby and about 3 hours from Halifax. We invite you to come join our team and enjoy life along the coast of Saint Mary's Bay. For more information on who we are and the services we provide, please visit our website at www.villaacadienne.com.
- Working within the full RN scope of practice - conducting resident assessments, care planning and evaluation.
- Appraising, coaching and supervising other care staff.
- Addressing resident and family issues.
- Playing a leadership role by inspiring, demonstrating and encouraging staff to create/enhance a life worth living and mitigate loneliness, boredom and helplessness for residents.
- Working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary setting.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and abilities:
- RN currently licensed to work in the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Current certificate in Standard First Aid and CPR (or willing to obtain)
- Knowledge and experience in a unionized LTC environment or health environment (preferred).
- Able to communicate in French and English (an asset).
- A "people person" who wants to make a difference in the lives of residents and staff and who is respectful of all people.
- A "big picture" thinker and change agent with a propensity for continuous learning.
- Service oriented with the ability to build relationships and create win/win solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to coach, lead and work with others.
- Excellent listening, negotiating, team building and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to make timely decisions, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent wage and benefit package with participation in the Nova Scotia Health Employees' Pension Plan (NSHEPP)
- A competitive salary with shift and weekend premiums
- Many education opportunities
Please submit your resume to:
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POSITION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Fax: 902 645-3899