CLOSING DATE: NOON - JUNE 25, 2021
The position is responsible to trouble-shoot, repair, and maintain urban transit buses and equipment.
This position reports directly to the Supervisor, Fleet and Infrastructure.
· A minimum of Grade 12 or GED equivalency with a background of training and experience in troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing highway or city buses.
· A certificate of Qualification in Truck & Transport (T&T) Mechanic issued by the New Brunswick Department of Labour.
· Minimum of five (5) years' experience as a mechanic on diesel powered buses and related equipment and/or vehicles.
· Experience rebuilding Diesel engines, fully and partial, preferably with Cummins and Detroit.
· Experience working on differentials, drivelines, electrical, air conditioning, HVAC, etc…
· Welding experience.
· English essential. The ability to communicate in French is an asset, but not a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to write neat, accurate and concise reports.
· Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned.
· Must be knowledgeable of the New Brunswick Occupational Health and Safety Act.
· Basic computer knowledge is a requirement.
· Diagnostic analysis of vehicles, engines, and equipment is required.
CONDITION OF WORK:
· Will be required to learn to input and manipulate data on the Fleet Maintenance System.
· Must be certified in Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) within the probationary period.
Work With Us
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This position is a unionized position.
The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package in accordance to the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1290 Collective Agreement.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
A city that inspires
Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens
Sustainable, Diverse, Creative, Engaged, Leaders
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS:
Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence