Assistant Director of Surgical Services
Competition #: V-15120 EXT
Salary: $79,898 to $96,642
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Nursing - Administration
CLASSIFICATION: Assistant Director of Surgical Services
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, the incumbent will assist in managing all of the Network's Surgical Services. The incumbent will participate in planning and organizing the care and services delivered. The incumbent will participate in managing human, financial, and material resources, training staff, managing quality and risks, and supporting training and research. The incumbent may be assigned various duties based on operational needs, such as responsibility for developing, implementing, and maintaining a uniform process, and be required to manage employees physically located in other zones. The duties of the position will involve travel within the Network's territory to support colleagues in other zones.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other relevant field;
- Master's in administration considered an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a health care management position;
- 8-10 years' experience in the health care field;
- Experience supervising/managing staff and strong coaching skills;
- Proven knowledge and experience in critical care, and experience in program development and implementation;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be taken into consideration;
- Demonstrated transformational leadership ability;
- Ability to set priorities and meet objectives;
- Ability to manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously, and understanding of the organization's needs and priorities;
- Analytical, writing and summarizing skills;
- Good knowledge of, and skills with, Microsoft Office;
- Ability to travel within the Network's territory;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles and to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.