Administrative Support (Clinical) (1025)
Competition #: 5-14957 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: St.Joseph Community Health Centre - Dalhousie
DEPARTMENT: Collaborative Practice Clinic
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Support (Clinical) (1025)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Organize, direct and perform office and secretarial duties and provide support to the interdisciplinary team members to ensure that the daily activities run smoothly.
- Secondary school diploma plus an administrative support program of at least one year and up to two years in length or equivalent with medical terminology or medical transcription courses;
- One year of experience required;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal relations and communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Meditech, etc.);
- Tact, initiative, good judgment and resourcefulness in dealing with administrative details;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Acquired skills writing letters and minutes;
- Ability to keep the work sector clean, tidy, and safe;
- Active participation in the department's quality improvement program;
- Reporting of any incident or near miss involving a patient or employee;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.