Compliance Analyst (03-2207)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Compliance Analyst. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As the Compliance Analyst, reporting to the Manager of Risk Management & Investigations, you will be responsible for supporting the department's efforts to assist AL leaders in managing compliance risk and in the execution of AL's compliance program.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of AL's corporate compliance activities and will work within AL's Enterprise Risk Management framework to provide independent oversight of compliance with laws and regulations and corporate risk tolerances. You will have a solid understanding of applicable regulatory gaming laws / regulations and technical standards as well as related corporate policies and procedures. You will be responsible for providing compliance advice on corporate projects and initiatives, compliance escalation and reporting.
Closing Date: June 27, 2021
- Conduct compliance assessments to evaluate product offerings and promotional offerings against pertinent gaming regulations, technical standards, and internal standards.
- Performing occasional internal reviews, including assessing the effectiveness of compliance-related procedures, and identifying concerns that call for formal attention.
- Provide senior management with an enterprise view of compliance risks, controls, and gaps.
- Provide support in the execution of AL's FINTRAC compliance program, in adherence to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) legislation.
- Administration of AL's retail compliance program, including scheduling of compliance visits, coordination with 3rd party mystery shoppers, and administration of progressive disciplinary approach.
What we can expect from you:
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn new areas of the business and regulatory needs.
- Proficiency with governance, risk and control concepts and practices.
- Superior analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, and are skillful in Excel.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Strong prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced, client-driven environment.
You should apply if you have the following:
- A degree in business or related discipline, risk-related qualification or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' experience in Compliance, Audit, and/or Enterprise Risk Management.
Awesome if you had:
- Experience implementing or executing a corporate Compliance Program Anti-Money Laundering (AML) legislation knowledge / experience
- Fraud certifications or courses
- Gaming industry experience
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.