Flight Nurse RN Class A
Flight Nurse RN Class A
Permanent Part-Time Position
Ambulance New Brunswick (ANB) provides land and air ambulance services in New Brunswick.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated and qualified registered nurse to staff a permanent part-time position as a Flight Nurse with the provincial air ambulance service.
Flight nursing is a challenging specialty performed in a unique out-of-hospital environment. It is a distinctive and expanded role for a registered nurse that encompasses the air medical transport of critically ill and injured pediatric (greater than 28 days corrected) and adult patients.
The flight nurse practices autonomously within the scope of practice, policies, procedures and guidelines defined by ANB, and in accordance with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick's regulations and standards. The flight nurse also practices collaboratively with members of the air medical crew, medical control physicians, paramedics, communications specialists, pilots and other personnel.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you:
- are currently registered or are eligible to be registered as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the province of New Brunswick;
- possess a minimum 3 years' experience caring for critically ill or injured patients; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- hold current certifications in BCLS, ACLS and PALS;
- possess previous experience in flight nursing or transport nursing duties (an asset);
- are willing to obtain certification in PHTLS/TNCC (or equivalent) within six months of employment;
- are able to successfully complete required flight training, including but not limited to: flight physiology, flight safety, and land and sea survival training;
- are able to successfully complete training for performance of required post entry-level competencies;
- must be willing to work rotating 12 hour shifts; start time 0730 and 1930 respectively.
- possess the ability to function within and work efficiently as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Written & Spoken competence in English or French is required. Submit your application: email@example.com.
You will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation upon successful receipt of your application. No phone calls please.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Ambulance New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees is an equal opportunity employer.