Imperial Building Products a coast-to-coast national steel stud manufacturer serviced by two divisions with branch offices across Canada is currently looking for an Industrial Mechanic to join our winning team for our Laval, Quebec location!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, our ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance.
- Reading blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Locating sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Installing, aligning, dismantling, and moving stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Operating hoist and lift devices such as cranes and jacks to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery.
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Installing, troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts.
- Operating machine tools such as grinders, cutters, and drills to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machinery
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Assembling machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in industrial machinery repair
- A strong attention to details, with an ability to learn and take direction.
- Ability to work weekdays from 7am until 4pm
- Dependable with an excellent attendance record.
If you are interested in becoming an integral member of the Imperial Building Products team, Please submit your resume for consideration to our Human Resources department at