Senior Specialist, Cyber Security, sSDLC
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The IT - DCX (Digital Customer Experience) department within Bell Canada is looking for a Senior Specialist, Cyber Security, reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Security, to monitor and respond to threats to the Bell organization's systems and data.
- Analysis & Response
- Work with and provide guidance to security teams, both within Bell and external to Bell, as they perform infrastructure, application and code scans as well as PEN tests in order to uncover vulnerabilities within IT-DCX systems.
- Analyse vulnerabilities found through scans and PEN tests and propose remediation strategies.
- Monitor the IT-DCX department's systems for security issues.
- Document all security incidents and assess their actual or potential damage to Bell.
- If any security incidents should occur, work with the IT-DCX Security team to document the "lessons learned" and implement improvements to existing processes/procedures/best practices or the creation of new processes/procedures/best practices if they do not already exist.
- Evaluate and sign-off on projects' pre-release security scans, architecture and code reviews.
- Assess the latest internal and external security bulletins and propose a plan to remediate any threats that are applicable to IT-DCX systems.
- Assist with the adoption and implement a SSDLC (Secure Software Development LifeCycle) specific to the Bell IT-DCX department.
- Leadership and Training
- Stay current on IT security trends, news and standards.
- Assist in the creation and presentation of training materials, both online and in person, to improve IT-DCX staff and contractors' understanding of security policies and procedures.
- Lead training sessions with IT-DCX staff and contractors so they can understand how Bell security policies materially affect their programs and projects.
- Lead detailed training sessions on particular security vulnerabilities for technical resources.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology Security.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Systems Security or related field. Master's degree is an asset.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). Security+, ITIL and other IT, security or management certifications are also an asset.
- Experience in implementation and use of Application Security Requirements and Threat Management (ASRTM) tools (SD Elements)
- Experience with Application Security and Vulnerability Management programs that leverage SAST, DAST, network vulnerability scanners, etc.
- Understanding of security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework, ISO, PCI, SoX) and risk management methodologies.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Experienced in:
- Analysis of threats;
- Threat response proposals;
- Instituting cyber security and risk metrics for reporting;
- Recommending security processes to reduce business risk;
- Leading by example and ability to transfer your knowledge of cyber security best practices, tools and processes to your team members and other staff.
- Since the position entails working with sensitive and confidential information, a high level of integrity is required.
- Well-developed research, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify risks and propose appropriate mitigation strategies, where required.
- Strong organizational skills to facilitate management of and tracking large volumes of data, activities, findings and changes.
- Ability to effectively communicate and foster strong working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization as well as external contacts.
- Multitasking in high stress situations while ensuring that no details are missed.
- Exercising good judgement when dealing with issues and ensuring a sense of urgency in their resolution while remaining calm and focused.
- Taking the initiative and working proactively with minimal supervision.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Bedford || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : Mount Pearl || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/30/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , NS , Bedford
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.