Personal Care Home - General Manager
Personal Care Home General Manager
Our client, a large personal care home, has an immediate opportunity for a General Manager. The Home provides service to residents requiring Level 1 and Level 2 care.
The ideal candidate must possess exceptional leadership and problem-solving skills. The candidate must be able to identify problems and provide leadership in solving them. We are looking for a go-getter that thrives on creating a work environment that encourages excellence and growth.
As the General Manager, you will:
- Oversee all aspects of management of the Home, including financial, operational and human resources.
- Provide leadership and assistance to the management team and other staff.
- Oversee the delivery of services provided by delegating and communicating verbal and written expectations to staff and ensuring follow through.
- Liaise with Eastern Health, physicians, other health care providers to ensure resident needs are top priority and union representatives.
- Oversee resident admission considerations and discharge planning and/or transfers.
- Collaborate with Kitchen staff to guarantee that the nutritional needs of residents are met according to Resident Service Plans.
- Assist with staff scheduling and various staffing/payroll duties.
- Provide quality assurance of all aspects of the resident experience.
- Promote the facility to the public and to Eastern Health.
As the ideal candidate, you should have:
- Previous management experience, preferably in a personal care home or related setting.
- Post-secondary education in healthcare and/or business.
- Experience managing in a high pressure unionized environment.
- Ability to think independently and a proven history of successful problem solving.
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Flexibility, with solid interpersonal skills that allow you to work effectively in a diverse environment with various populations.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high degree of diplomacy.
Our client offers a competitive salary, group health and dental benefits and an RRSP program. If you are excited to explore this opportunity, apply in confidence online.
Brendan Hagerty, Senior Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jump Recruitment Specialists www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.