Intermediate / Senior Software Tester
PQA has been going strong since 1997! We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading edge companies, technologies and tools. As one of Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right!
We are growing all across Canada and are currently looking for experienced software testers to help us do that! We have opportunities in these locations:
- Toronto, ON
- Fredericton, NB
- Regina, SK
- Calgary, AB
- Vancouver, BC
- Perform risk-based and context-driven functional software testing
- Conduct testing to align with client test methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, BDD, etc)
- Use defect tracking and test case management systems to document test cases, record defects and record test case execution results
- Work/communicate directly with project stakeholders including Business and external Vendors and discuss defects, priority of testing activities
- Extract testing requirements from functional / business requirements and transform them to test cases
- Write detailed test plans, test cases and test status reports
- Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst including experience in Test case/Test data design, Test execution, Test reporting
- 3+ years' experience with Test Management tools such as ALM/QC, JIRA, gTest
- 3+ years' experience with automation tools (Selenium, QTP/UFT, Tosca, etc)
- Preference will be given to those with experience in service level API testing (SoapUI, Postman, Katalon, etc)
- Preference will be given to those with experience using Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab, etc)
- ISTQB certification or similar testing certification considered an asset
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated experience having tested complex IT solutions
- Experience having performed System Integration testing and UAT support
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to propose practical solutions to complex problems
- Flexibility, self-motivation and the ability to give and receive feedback at all levels
- Adaptable and willing to work through challenges with a positive attitude
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships in a team oriented environment
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee's health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle. PQA Testing is always organizing events that involve exercise and our annual Family Day BBQ is one event that definitely brings all of us closer.
Feel like having an ice cream on a hot summer Friday afternoon? Or do you feel like taking in a sports event in our lounge? You could even challenge yourself with one of the many puzzles we always have on the go. Whatever your choice is, always remember one thing while you're working at PQA Testing...have fun!