Dispatcher / Recorder - Casual
Corporate Services - Customer Service
Job # C490
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Dispatcher/Recorder - Casual.
The Dispatcher shall control, monitor and operate the Operations Centre Telecommunications System, provide a dispatch service, provide information to and receive information from the public and employees; and to operate computerized data processing systems.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Customer Service.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- 1 (one) year experience as dispatcher or relevant position would be an asset
- Demonstrated customer service which includes conferring with customers by phone to provide information, obtain details.
- A typing speed of forty (40) wpm.
- Excellent communication skills and is an active listener.
- Good computer skills i.e., Microsoft Word, Outlook
- The ability to be fully functional in both official languages (English and French) is a requirement. As per provincial language proficiency standards, fluency is determined to be at the Intermediate + (2+) level.
Condition of Work:
- Shift work (days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Must be able to work without close supervision
- GUARANTEED MINIMUM TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS PER WEEK (one 12-hour shift on Saturday and Sunday (12 pm to 12 am / 12 am to 12 pm)
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS: Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application from Human Resources at City Hall. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - APRIL 23, 2021
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those invited for interviews will be contacted)