Manager of Finance and Administration
Our client, the School Lunch Association is in search of a Manager of Finance and Administration! They are a registered charity whose mission is to operate a non-stigmatizing program that provides a hot, nutritious lunch for school children, regardless of a families' financial situation.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Finance and Administration is an integral part of the leadership team. The successful candidate will be the lead support in the following areas: finance, bookkeeping, reporting, compliance, budgeting, administration, and other general operations.
This role will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as The School Lunch Association continues to expand its programming. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and administrative leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected charity.
- Perform bookkeeping functions/transactions (accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, monthly bank, and visa reconciliations).
- Manage biweekly payroll data collection, entry and running of payroll processing and health/retirement benefits administration.
- Control organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Oversee administrative functions and a small administrative team to ensure efficient and consistent administrative operations as the organization expands.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports to the ED by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information in all matters of importance or as requested.
- Completion of year end tax forms, Records of employment, and other general administrative duties as assigned.
- Assemble financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director and Operations team.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process with external auditors.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status.
- Update and implement all necessary accounting practices; improve the finance department's overall policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Degree in Business Administration considered an asset.
- CPA, PCP or CPM certification also considered an asset.
- Financial experience with a non-profit and/or charitable organization preferred.
- Solid understanding of Sage 50 operating system, and accounting principals.
- Broad financial and operations management experience.
- Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check is required upon employment and annually thereafter.
- Experience in Grants Management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google drive, and strong computer skills are needed.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
Our client is offering an attractive compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply directly online.
Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.