Social Worker 2 (SW02)
Competition #: 4-12728 EXT
Salary: $29.8814 to $40.6336
Applicants must attach their resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Edmundston
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Centre - Edmundston
DEPARTMENT: Mobile Crisis
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 2 (SW02)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 3 years)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possibe
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - days
Possibility evening and weekend shifts
Work schedule subject to change to meet operational needs
This position involves coordination work for the crisis intervention service with clients from Mental Health and Addiction Services. The incumbent will provide leadership, clinical supervision and coordination for this service. The incumbent will be required to assign tasks related to the objectives of the established plan to maximize mobile crisis intervention services as part of a continuum of care. The social worker will also be required to provide a full range of services to this same clientele, including coordination, crisis intervention, evaluation, planning, promotion of services in the community and provision of training to our partners. The social worker will be under the supervision of the Manager of Adult Services at the Community Mental Health Centre.
- Registered with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- At least three years' clinical experience in the field of mental health and/or addiction services;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound clinical judgment and decision-making skills;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Ability to travel within the zone served;
- ASIST training or completion of it as soon as possible after hiring;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values; Crisis intervention training or completion of it as soon as possible after hiring;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.