Our client, Boreal Cranes Inc., a subsidiary of Desgagnés, offers turnkey services for project management for any type of lifting venture. It specializes in industrial domain lifting projects in Newfoundland and Labrador from its Labrador City offices.
This world class company is seeking a dynamic and experienced Branch Manager. Working out of the Labrador City offices, you will act as the companies representative and will be responsible for the planning, organization, supervision and control of the operations and execution of field work for rental, operation of cranes and heavy machinery, and ground transportation. You will provide support to clients and develop and maintain excellence in service and business-client relationships.
The successful candidate is entrepreneurial, passionate, dynamic and action-oriented, possesses good business sense, excellent judgment enhanced by a sharp practical sense, decisiveness and a sense of priorities and urgency. They appropriate and apply the principles of health, safety, security and the environment.
They demonstrate good management skills, including defining deliverables, setting timelines and budgets, and respects these commitments. They have a sense of organization as well as a disciplined and methodical approach. They are rigorous in the application of work processes/procedures. They are able to combine a good ability for teamwork while being autonomous.
They demonstrate transparency and accuracy in communications, is respectful of colleagues' roles and of decision-making structures. They adhere to the values of ethics, honesty and integrity, as defined in Desgagnés's Code of Ethics and Conduct. In addition to being a skillful defender of Desgagnés's values and culture, they make their own the principle of "total quality in everything we do and in all that we are, both as an entity and as an individual," and to "always be proud of what we do, to always be proud of who we are".
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
· A university or college degree in either mechanical, civil, or construction engineering, or the equivalent
· Solid experience in a field related to the heavy machinery business or civil construction. Direct experience in lifting is an asset.
· 3-5 years' experience in management or team supervision. Previous experience as a Branch Manager in an industrial services organization is a strong asset.
· Excellent communications skills, verbal and written. Bilingualism in French and English is a strong asset.
· Excellent interpersonal relationships skills, as much in regard to supervision and teamwork as with the clientele.
· Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite.
· Capacity to work under pressure in sometimes difficult situations (constricted time schedules, variable weather conditions, human or material resources issues).
OPERATIONS - GENERAL:
· performs all the work planning (equipment preparation, subcontracting, various purchases, distribution of the workforce, etc.).
· determines the appropriate work methods and applicable procedures; makes the necessary risk assessments for all projects to be executed and determines the necessary preventive measures
· ensures that all equipment is functional and ready for the work, appoints the personnel required according to the nature and duration of the work, coordinates the sub-contractors' role and presence and coordinates all jobs with the clients.
· supervises on-site the execution of the various projects to ensure smooth-running operations.
· ensures that all operators proceed with daily equipment inspections and well as any maintenance required.
· ensures proper inventory management of the lifting equipment accessories.
· designs and proposes solutions to operational issues, including justifying all investments whether for equipment or human resources.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE:
· develops, maintains and improves the relationship with the clients through attentiveness to the client's needs, properly evaluating said needs and providing clients with the required assistance.
· regularly visits the jobsites so as to determine and/or evaluate the needs of the current or potential clients.
· ensures the appropriate preparation of estimates and submissions and of solution proposals; when deemed necessary, validates same with superior.
QUALITY, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY, AND THE ENVIRONMENT:
· responsible for the respect and application of all procedures, laws and regulations related to Quality, Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) and the environment.
· ensures that OHS information meetings are held on a regular basis with all the personnel under his supervision, for each work project.
· ensures, by maintaining a regular presence on the jobsites, control of the application of all safety measures and such must be properly documented and managed.
· maintains steady communications with the personnel and clients in order to promote OHS as being one of the Company's prime values.
· responsible for the investigation, analysis and documentation of all OHS issues under their supervision.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
· trains and supervises the employees.
· establishes work methods and ensures appropriate work allocations amongst the employees.
· establishes the work schedules, including vacation and holidays planning, etc.
· ensures that the Company's policies and rules are respected by all.
· promotes teamwork and cooperation amongst employees.
· carries out employee performance reviews and provides regular feedback.
RECORDS, ADMINISTRATIVE AND PRICING MANAGEMENT:
· responsible for the overall operational, commercial, administrative and records management.
· ensures cash flow management (cash, petty cash, bank deposits, etc.)
· ensures that the pricing is applied diligently and accurately.
· produces and/or approves all administrative documentation as per Company policies (invoicing, payroll, purchase requisitions, etc.).
This company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful company, please apply online, in confidence.
Michelle Flynn| Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ONLY CANDIDATES LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA NEED APPLY.