Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Crosbie is a locally owned and operated company that provides multi-discipline fabric maintenance support services and deck services to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Our scope of services includes: scaffolding, coatings, insulation, passive fire and blast protection, composite pipe repair, positive pressure habitats, industrial cleaning, deck and crane operations, radio operations and rigging and slinging.
We are recruiting for an experienced Accounts Receivable Coordinator. The position is a one year contractual role based at the company's Head Office located in St. John's, NL.
Essential functions include:
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of essential functions including:
- Regular Accounts Receivable Duties
- Validate PO information compared to estimates and contracts, notify Client Services when POs are nearing presubscribed limits and assist as needed with estimate revisions;
- Investigate and resolve past due accounts receivable issues and perform collection calls when needed, in compliance with the A/R Escalation Policy (TMS-05-P-04);
- Reconcile costs incurred to applicable POs and escalate any which do not align with contract or expected payment amounts (e.g. over/under payment of labour wages or third party cost);
- Prepare accurate and complete monthly billings in accordance with month end close and contract deadlines/requirements set forth by the Finance Manager;
- Assist with miscellaneous reporting on accounts receivable functions (such as analyze efficiency and accuracy of processes and generate reports as required by the Finance Manager and/or client requirements)
- Accruals - prepare and issue accrual/cost report summary as per company/client requirements and proactively ensure minimal accruals are held each month;
- Ensure knowledge of company A/R related policies/procedures and processes is kept up to date and look for ways to do things more effectively and efficiently;
- Arrange regular meetings with Client Services and Training departments to review PO status and close out of client queries, review completed and upcoming training and ensure all necessary documentation required for invoicing is collated in a timely manner.
- Contract Related Invoicing Duties
- Process daily/weekly/monthly labour invoices to ensure compliance with contractual requirements for each client including system uploads;
- Process third party invoices (any billings outside of daily labour) including labour request forms and expense forms from training department, third party charges from account payable department, purchase orders from procurement department and create equipment summary and equipment time sheets;
- Process training labour forms (reference number to match PO number) and submit to the Client;
- Process reimbursable training labour and expense log in a timely fashion and update spend against PO tracker for all invoices;
- Process material, equipment and other third party invoices;
- Implement miscellaneous client changes;
- Review estimates and provide job log numbers;
- Ensure all invoices receive Client Services approval before issuance to client;
- Other duties and functions as may be required and assigned from time to time.
- Finance/Month End Close and Other Reporting Duties
- Create and disseminate on a weekly basis, A/R Cost Control report and chair meeting notifying on accruals and invoice status across client base;
- Proactively manage A/R close process within timeline and according to process;
- Carry out financial reconciliations and other analysis as required or requested.
Skills required include:
- Effective computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Sage 300, eSES, SAP, Cortex or other enterprise software, as required by the contract;
- Familiarity with the basic principles of financial accounting and knowledge of management accounting;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize tasks;
- Self-motivated team collaborator who is flexible and able to work independently;
- Strong organizational, proactive communication and problem solving skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Responsible, punctual, dedicated, and embraces change or a challenge;
- Eager to learn new skills and adapts well to diverse environments, especially with respect to technology; and
- Effective customer relation skills.
Qualifications required include:
- Post-secondary education in business with a focus in accounting or other relevant discipline is considered an asset
- 5+ years working independently in an accounts receivable role that has a high volume of transactions, preferably in the offshore industry.
Crosbie is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
Qualified candidates should submit resumes by March 8, 2021.