Industrial Mechanic (2059)
Competition #: 4-12826 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance
CLASSIFICATION: Industrial Mechanic (2059)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call-back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent performs the work of an industrial mechanic. The work also includes duties such as preventive maintenance, inspections, and equipment and mechanical systems repair. The incumbent could be asked to travel to other facilities within Zone 4 as needed.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the department.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- Hold a provincial certificate of qualification for industrial mechanics issued under the Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Act ;
- Recent experience in the hospital sector is an asset;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Working knowledge of computers;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.