NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
The Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre (UHC), in Moncton, New Brunswick, is seeking to recruit full-time psychiatrist and professor. The successful candidates will have considerable clinical independence in general psychiatry and serve patients of all ages. They will respond to consultation requests and provide follow-up for inpatients and outpatients. They will participate in teaching medical and psychiatry students and residents. They will also participate in general psychiatry on-call coverage (patients of all ages) in a fair manner with all the other psychiatrists of the department.
The UHC is a level-3 trauma centre and a medical training centre affiliated with the Université de Sherbrooke. The Department of Psychiatry provides extensive specialized psychiatry training in French (postdoctoral education); it is the decentralized specialized psychiatry training program of the Université de Sherbrooke.
This is professional medical work performed by certified specialists (those with a specialty certification as recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NB). Duties are performed with considerable clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical disorders within the scope of the specialty in which they are practicing. Work is performed with independent judgment, but findings and observations may be subject to supervision and assessment by the physician's Clinical (Program) Department Head / Chief of Service / Program Director in which the physicians works. Review of work may also be supervised by the local and regional Chiefs of Staff and the zone's Medical Director for the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works within the accordance of the RHA Bylaws.
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicans and Surgeons of Canada certification (FRCPC);
- Graduate from an approved school of medicine supplemented by post-graduate study in the area of specialization (Psychiatry);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The remuneration is based on a salary model with benefits.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network's website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the city's website ; https://www.moncton.ca/
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.