Competition #: 1-13334 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
To be discussed
The Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre in Moncton, New Brunswick is recruiting a full-time Anesthesiologist. The DGLDUHC is a center of trauma, level 3 and a training center in Medicine affiliated with the University of Sherbrooke. On top of the OR time, the successful candidate will participate in the on-call schedule and the preoperative anesthesia clinic. The actual OR has 9 surgery suits. Most type of surgeries specialties are being done at this facility except Cardiac and neurosurgeries. In addition to providing anesthesiology services, the candidate will be expected to participate in teaching medical students and residents.
This is professional medical work performed by certified specialists (those with a specialty certification as recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NB). Duties are performed with considerable clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical disorders within the scope of the specialty in which they are practicing. Clinical care and performance may be subject to supervision and assessment by the physician's Clinical Department/Division/Service Head and/or Program Director in which the physicians works. Review of clinical work may also be supervised by the Local and/or Regional Chiefs of Staff and the Zone's Medical Director for the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works in accordance with RHA Bylaws and policies
- Diploma from an approved school of medecine supplemented by post-graduate study in the area of specialization (Anesthesia) ;
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certificate (FRCPC);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.