AGRICULTURAL/HEAVY EQUIPMENT SERVICE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC
We are the Maritimes' only John Deere Dealership with 15 locations to serve you.
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated person to fill the position of Heavy Equipment or Agricultural Service Technician at our Summerside, PEI location.
Please note: If we are impressed with your resume, you will receive an email asking you to take a quick 5 minute questionnaire from Predictive Index. Please keep an eye for it in your email. Sometimes it goes to your junk mail.
Independently performs complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager.
- Performs complex diagnostics and repairs on Agricultural equipment
- Participates in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Performs diagnosis and repair in the field as required
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
- 2+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform complex repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures on the machines of the Technician's specialty
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of turf equipment
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to use basic computer functions
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Licensed Red Seal Heavy Equipment or Agricultural Technician preferred or presently pursuing this designation.
- Valid driver's license required
- A clean, current driver abstract
Work With Us
We offer full time employment, an opportunity for advancement within a progressive organization and a competitive compensation package which includes salary, family health benefits and company pension plan, boot and tool allowance.
Reimbursement of relocation expenses from other parts of Canada may be considered.
Thank you for your interest in Green Diamond Equipment Ltd. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit our web site at www.green-diamond.ca