Mobile Business Solutions Architect
Req Id: 272736
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
We are looking for an experienced Business Solutions Architect (BSA) for the Mobile Self Serve application program.
Bell Information Technology - Digital Customer Experience team (DCX) is tasked with the delivery of web and mobile based self-serve applications that serve wireless, residential and business markets. Bell, Virgin Mobile and Lucky Mobile are key brands that we deliver and support.
- Work with business and development teams to ensure that business requirements are met and aligned with mobile architectural vision and Enterprise Architecture direction.
- Be part of a fast-paced development program that is tasked with designing, implementing and deploying the features for a Telecom Mobile App
- As a subject matter expert, partner and build relationships with business stakeholders to guide, advise and recommend future architecture, technology and roadmaps.
- Guide project teams in system architecture, design, and selection of tools and technologies to meet project delivery goals
- Lead Mobile IT assessments, collaborating with various external vendors and internal IT and business partners
- Provide consulting, direction and estimation during Project Initiation phase and support project assessments
- Produce Conceptual Solutions and High Level Design documentation
- Provide estimates for timelines, costs and constraints working with cross functional teams
- Lead executive briefings to review IT solutions to seek buy-in
- Undertake process improvement initiatives to strengthen the team and improve operational efficiency
- Continuous learning, staying current with business operations, internal systems and technology, and mobile industry trends
- Work with Solution Architects to drive alignment around more pragmatic vs. prescriptive solutions
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business requirements and timelines.
- You will report to the Software Development Manger
- Experience working in the telecom industry
- Fluent with systems and technology concepts (TM forum standards, Telco BSS/OSS architecture, order management/billing/CRM systems)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Mobile Software Architecture experience
- Thorough understanding of application architecture and software design patterns
- Must have thorough understanding of development processes including agile development methodologies, and sSDLC.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant Mobile Software Development experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of new and upcoming OS SDK releases and best practices.
- Excellent ability to articulate and document technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex, multi-platform solutions
- You are passionate about being an advocate for the customer and willing to go the extra mile
- Self-governing with excellent time management skills
- You have a collaborative spirit, Leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent Communication, Negotiation and Presentation skills
- Knowledge of mobile app security standards and best practices
- Understanding of Security operations practices including OWASP top 10, SAST/DAST
- Experience with a variety of technologies, protocols, languages, techniques and design structures, including knowledge of Kotlin, Android APIs, Android layers, JAVA, iOS APIs, iOS layers, Objective-C, SWIFT, HTML5, AJAX, XML, CSS3, jQuery, ReactJS, Bootstrap technologies
- MBA, Computer Science, or Engineering degrees would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office, MS Visio
- Knowledge of Bell Mobility space, Amdocs Ensemble, SAP.
- Knowledge of Bell Residential services systems for ordering, TV programming or qualification
- Knowledge of IT-DCX applications and processes
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 01/31/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.