Maintenance Specialist - HVAC
Reporting to the Manager of Physical Security/Site & Racing Services, the successful candidate will perform general and specialized maintenance and repairs to site properties and surrounding property. They will provide expertise through their background in HVAC. Additionally, they will assist in maintaining good public relations with Vendors and Contractors services and with all employees.
• Test HVAC systems using specialized tools to determine where issues may be occurring, the safety of the system and to ensure compatibility.
• Responsible for all HVAC controls for the building including enteliWeb - Delta Controls Software.
• Repair HVAC issues by replacing or installing components, or repair and replacing devices.
• Determine the steps necessary to assess HVAC situations using testing devices, blueprints and maps.
• May be required to work a rotating shift schedule with other Maintenance employees.
• Performs and/or assists with any related duty to the facility (HVAC, carpentry, electrical and/or plumbing), from installation to repair/replacement as required while adhering to Internal Control Standard Manual policies and procedures.
• Provides recommendations on HVAC and control systems.
• Co-ordinate and monitor all Contractors (sub-contractors) performing carpentry, electrical, HVAC and/or plumbing ensuring that work is completed as per contract service standards.
• Monitor and maintain building HVAC and plumbing systems.
• Conduct weekly deficiency inspections on equipment as outlined in PM program of Facility and submit weekly task list to Facilities Supervisor, Security/Facilities Manager and General Manager.
• Maintain exterior grounds of Facility including, but not limited, to grass cutting, racetrack, parking lot, signage, lighting, etc.
• Prepare Facility for special events, holidays, etc, ensuring that all required equipment and material are on site and in working order. (ie set up and tear down for special events).
• Maintain all company vehicles as outlined in PM program ensuring that mechanical components are in working order as well as licensing and inspection on a yearly basis (upon renewal).
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment by complying with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identifying unsafe practices and conditions.
• Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the position's supervisor/manager.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Red Seal HVAC/Plumbing technician
• Requires a thorough understanding of operational/technical processes and approaches.
• Provides technical/operational information and advice to others. May be responsible for coordinating the activities of others.
• Requires a moderate degree of analysis and judgment to determine appropriate choices within the scope of standard practices and/or based on known precedents.
• Independent discretion may be exercised within pre-determined limits and recognized precedents.
• Maintains effective relationships with others.
• Limited to moderate freedom to act within defined operating procedures. Provides services for use by others in achieving unit or function results.