Licensed Practical Nurse
COMPETITION NUMBER: EM20463
CLASSIFICATION NAME: Licensed Practical Nurse
POSITION TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION CODE: 3014
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE 1252
UNIT LOCATION: Grand Falls
STATUS: Full Time Permanent
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating days, evenings, nights, weekends, statutory holidays and on-call. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: December 7, 2020
ANTICIPATED END DATE: Not applicable
SALARY RANGE: As per collective agreement
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
CLOSING DATE: December 3, 2020
As a member of the interdisciplinary EMP team, the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing quality patient care within the scope of professional LPN practice to patients and families throughout the life span.
The incumbent will be part of a regional rapid response team to support Adult Residential Facilities in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak. The goal of this team will be to ensure rapid isolation and containment at the time of the first identified case while ensuring quality onsite resident centered care and support to the staff. Travel within the province of New Brunswick will be required to support a potential outbreak.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Active registration with ANBLPN;
- Minimum of three years recent medical/surgical, palliative care and wound care experience in an acute care setting;
- Demonstrated education and experience related to medication administration, phlebotomy and physical assessment;
- Knowledge of the target population of Extra-Mural Services and available community services;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please click here to apply.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.