Moncton Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1004671
Horizon Health Network in Moncton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-45641 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: MONH RELIEF TEAM HA FAM
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
To participate in the delivery of total nursing care to meet individual patient needs in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the nursing service, Relief Team and Healthy Aging, Family Practice Units.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process
- CPR certification
- Possesses the medical/surgical nursing knowledge and clinical skills/expertise necessary to provide care for this population and off service patients.
- Mandatory eLearning's up to date including Risk for Falls, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, and others as listed for Horizon employees
- Be willing to obtain and maintain competency in the nursing care of patient requiring:
- PN - parental nutrition
- CVAD line - central venous access device
- Wound vac application and maintenance
- Requires advanced training for suctioning and caring for vented individuals
- Palliative care education as directed.
- Geriatric care education as directed
- Care of the dying and family care
- Pain management courses
- Other medical surgical competencies as necessary
- Work in other patient care areas as requested by nursing supervisor/manager.
- Willing to accept change and demonstrate the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated professional initiative and good judgment in the application of nursing care including strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 45641 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.