Fredericton Medical Sonography Technologist 2 (SN02) PCN 1152296
Horizon Health Network in Fredericton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-38894b External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
DEPARTMENT: DECH Vascular Lab
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Medical Sonography Technologist - Vascular
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Sonography Technologist 2 (SN02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $27.73 to $34.77 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: The Medical Sonography Technologist - Vascular is responsible for performing Vascular ultrasound examinations.
- Completion of a recognized Diagnostic Sonography Training Program with a specialty in Vascular Ultrasound.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Sonography Canada or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Medical Sonography Technologist - Vascular is responsible for:
- Preparing patients for Vascular ultrasound examinations
- Preparing and operating equipment used in Vascular ultrasound examinations
- Screening test results and preparing reports for physicians
- Cleaning, inspecting, troubleshooting and maintaining Vascular ultrasound equipment
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Providing mentoring and support for technicians and other health care professionals
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identifed by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2020
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 38894b -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.