Moncton Diet And Menu Technician (2072) PCN 1002440
Horizon Health Network in Moncton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48549 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: MONH Clinical Nutrition
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Diet and Menu Technician
CLASSIFICATION: Diet And Menu Technician (2072)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, FTE: 0.4, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $20.7929 to $22.3817 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: The Clinical Nutrition Technician (2072) is responsible for providing nutritional care to patients.
- High school graduation plus successful completion of a formal recognized course in Food Services & Nutrition Management or equivalent.
- Consideration may also be given to applicants who have successfully completed Clinical Nutrition Therapy courses from an accredited Food and Nutrition university program.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
Demonstrated proficiency verified by testing in:
- Data Entry 4000 KSPH
- Word 50%
The Clinical Nutrition Technician is responsible for:
- Assisting clinical dietitians in the provision of nutritional care
- Conducting nutritional screening and/or gathering information from patients
- Making therapeutic diet/menu corrections and menu selection
- Monitoring and reporting on patient nutritional data
- Maintaining records and documentation
- Assisting in information, awareness and promotion activities
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48549 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.