Moncton Nursing Unit Clerk (1027) PCN 1002369
Horizon Health Network in Moncton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48458 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Women and Children's Health - Labour & Birth
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Nursing Unit Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.7, TEMP: December 4, 2020 to December 1, 2021; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $21.5833 to $23.2324 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: The Nursing Unit Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to the nursing unit.
- High school graduation and an administrative support program of greater than one year and up to two years duration which includes medical terminology plus one year of related experience OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1027, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Demonstrated proficiency verified by testing in:
- Data Entry 4000 KSPH
- Typing 35 WPM (General)
- Medical Terminology Spelling 75%
- Medical Terminology Vocabulary 75%
- Outlook 50%
- Word 50%
The Nursing Unit Clerk is responsible for:
- Performing reception duties including directing calls and responding to inquiries
- Processing admissions and coordinating transfers and discharges
- Entering physician' orders and scheduling appointments
- Entering, retrieving and compiling information and data
- Assembling, maintaining and forwarding charts
- Creating, editing and formatting documents, forms and reports
- Performing general office duties
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48458 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.