Miramichi Registered Nurse Class C (RNCC) PCN 1751000
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48386 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: Cardiac Rehab
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Full Time Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: RNCC Registered Nurse Class C
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $34.16 to $41.55 per hour
Collaborating with and reporting to the Nurse Manager of Outpatient Clinics, the Coordinator assumes primary responsibility for the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of the Cardiac Wellness Program according to current best practices.
- Current registration as a practicing member of the Nurses' Association of New Brunswick.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- Physically capable of performing assigned duties.
- Good previous work and attendance record.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support Course and recertified yearly as a condition of continuing employment.
- Demonstrated good public relation capabilities.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and Health Authority Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patient, business, financial and employee information is accessed on an as need to know basis.
- Must be willing to complete required certifications specific to Cardiac Wellness Program.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years nursing experience (3 years in a critical care setting).
- Completion of Cardiac Monitoring Course/Arrhythmia Course required, with minimum of two years' experience in cardiac monitor interpretation. The employer reserves the right to administer an exam to determine such qualifications.
- Physical Assessment Course required.
- Certification in ACLS is an asset.
- Demonstrates leadership, initiative, excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated adult teaching ability and experience.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48386 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.