Moncton Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1001567
Horizon Health Network in Moncton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48403 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: MONH Relief Team Crit CR
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Night; Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice to patients and families in the Medical Surgical ICU (MSICU), Cardiac Care Unit (CCU), and Neuro Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Although primarily assigned to Critical Care Areas, may be reassigned to other units as required. Performs other duties as assigned
- Active registration with NANB
- Current BCLS certification
- Minimum 3 years recent nursing experience (within the last 5 years) in either CCU, ED or ICU or completion of the Critical Care Course. If no critical care experience, then recent medical surgical experience will be considered via interview panel.
- Must also be willing to float to MSICU, CCU and NICU or other areas as assigned by the nursing supervisor. May be required to change assignments, ICUs or go on STAT patient transfers at anytime.
- Must be willing to take Critical Care Course and be successful within the first year if required.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities and complex patient care needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with patients, families, other departments, and the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate initiative, accountability, and good judgement
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Current certification in Advanced Competencies or willingness to obtain these competencies. These include: ACLS, BCMI, Basic 12 lead ECG , APS (acute pain service includes epidurals, neuromuscular blocking agents, PCA pumps), Hemodynamics, Central Lines, Arterial Lines etc. as demonstrated by certification and/or written and practical testing, or willingness to obtain these competencies and complete training modules to meet skill requirements.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work Record
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 29, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48403 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.