Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1257266
Horizon Health Network in Saint John, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-47577 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Resource Center Family Medicine Relief Team
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Provision of Nursing Care to meet the individual patients' needs by utilizing the nursing process. The RNCA provides nursing care to patient populations within the SJRH Relief Team -Family Medicine.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB)
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process
- Previous nursing experience is beneficial but not mandatory
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Good work record
- CPR certification, WHMIS, and mandatory annual e-learning
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- To work within the SJRH Relief Team -Family Medicine
- Assesses the health care needs of patients, including patients assigned to non-professional staff
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool
- Identifies needs affecting discharge planning and potential services required at home
- Collaborates with the patient and health care team to formulate objectives specific to the patient needs
- Provides health teaching, counseling and health promotion to individuals or groups
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship
- Supports new employees during orientation
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development and assumes responsibility for updating own education to ensure current knowledge of nursing theory and practice (including current CPR recertification)
- Interacts with the nursing departments in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating changes
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing units
- Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of Charge Nurse
- Dependent upon operational need may be required to work in areas outside the Family Medicine Relief Team
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 29, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 47577 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.