You may not know Canada's Ocean Supercluster (OSC), but you should. OSC is an innovative, imaginative and Atlantic Based organization that is ensuring we as Canadians, achieve sustainable economic growth in our ocean-based industries while preserving the health and protection of one of our greatest natural resources.
The OSC's mandate is to collaborate with investors and partners from across ocean industries to develop and commercialize innovative solutions to shared challenges. OSC guides projects from the conceptual to the actual; partnering with industries who have big goals and innovative concepts. Actualizing these ideas is our passion and the process is our mission.
This journey is not for the feign at heart; we are literally charting new territory; we move with urgency to see these projects launch and create new ways of collaborating, thinking and executing to completion. Our team of professionals are dedicated to our vision and are eager to succeed. We are seeking a new member to come aboard this journey.
Reporting to the VP Government Relations and Communications (VPGR), the Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and tracking of all communications materials to help tell the Ocean Supercluster story, promote events and activities, expand general public awareness, and keep key stakeholder groups informed. With a heavy focus on writing for a variety of materials, reports and platforms, this role requires excellent writing and editing skills, a background in marketing and communications, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Develop content for a range of communications deliverables including newsletters, briefing notes, news releases, and presentations.
- Prepare reports, summaries, and scripts that help tell the stories of Ocean Supercluster projects and their impacts.
- Manage and maintain national and regional media lists, distributing information across these networks as required.
- Support planning activities for Ocean Supercluster project announcements.
- Actively participate in the development of marketing and communications plans.
- 3-5 years' experience in a communications or marketing role
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations or marketing
- Previous experience in media relations and government relations an asset
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office's suite of products
- Experience using a variety of social media channels
- French (written/spoken) is an asset
Attributes & Fit
- Results-driven with a keen eye for detail, efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Ability to create a broad range of content for online, print, and face to face
- Experience in supporting events and promotional activity
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Detail-oriented coupled with proven sense of urgency to get things done well and on time
- Generates enthusiasm, excitement and engagement with their surrounding team
Work With Us
If this sounds like you and you have a passion to bring value and contribute to an organization that is making an enormous impact, we want to hear from you. Submit a combined PDF document of your resume, highlighting your relevant experience with a cover letter outlining why you are ready to join a self-driven team of professionals to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 'Your Next Communications Coordinator'.
We embrace inclusion and diversity and welcome applicants to self-identify. Please indicate in your cover letter if you belong or self-identify in one of the underrepresented groups: Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with a disability, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
All applications will be reviewed, although only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All interviews will take place with your safety in mind and will be at distance through technology. We appreciate your interest in joining Canada's Ocean Supercluster. Be sure to check us out: www.oceansupercluster.ca
NOTE: PLEASE MERGE YOUR COVER LETTER AND CV INTO ONE PDF DOCUMENT