Upper River Valley Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1153017
Horizon Health Network in Waterville, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48279 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Upper River Valley
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Dept
FACILITY: Upper River Valley Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice to patients and families in the Emergency Department. Although primarily assigned to the Emergency Department, may be reassigned to other units as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Active registration with NANB.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years equivalent of acute care medical/surgical nursing experience within the past 5 years or completion of the Critical Care Course.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the competencies of BCLS, ACLS, Emergency Paediatric Nursing (ENPC), Trauma Nursing (TNCC), and Basic 12 lead ECG interpretation as demonstrated by certification and /or written and practical testing.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and physically able to provide care during transport to tertiary centres
- Demonstrated assessment skills and ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities and complex patient care needs.
- Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020-48279 External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Hrizon Health Network.