Fredericton Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02) PCN 9150872
Horizon Health Network in Fredericton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48063 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
FACILITY: Oromocto Public Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Medical Laboratory Technologist
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Rotating Days, Evenings, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $27.80 to $34.73 per hour (Subject to employment status)
The Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 is responsible for performing routine and specialized laboratory procedures according to prescribed policies and procedures
- A graduate of a school of Medical Laboratory Technology or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BsMLS).
- Registered with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science and licensed and in good standing (a practicing member) with the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 is responsible for:
- Collecting specimens
- Performing routine and specialized procedures
- Validating and reporting test results
- Operating, troubleshooting and doing preventative maintenance on equipment
- Performing quality control and participating in quality improvement activities
- Providing guidance, training and orientation
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science 2005:
- Safe Work Practices
- Critical Thinking
- Data Collection and Specimen Procurement/Receipt Applied Investigation
- Analysis of Specimens and Validation of Results
- Resource Management
- Analytic Techniques
- Communication and Interaction
- Interpretation and Reporting of Results
- Quality Management
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Patient/Client Orientation
- Stress Management
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application**
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020-48063 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.