Registered Nurse (RN)
Position at VON Canada (Nova Scotia)
We have positions available in our Cumberland County, Pictou County, Colchester East Hants, Sydney, South Shore, Annapolis Valley, and Halifax sites.
Join an organization that is 120 years strong!
VON is a non-profit organization that is a leader in providing innovative clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
VON is looking for full-time & part-time nurses who have strong critical thinking skills, who enjoy continuous learning, working independently and to their full scope. Whether you are an experienced nurse or a new graduate, we have opportunities for you.
Our Registered Nurses provide acute nursing care to children, youth, adults and seniors who require medical care at home.
Our Nurses provide:
- Client assessments
- Diabetes management
- IV medications
- IV/CVAD care
- Medication management
- Palliative care
- Patient and family teaching
- Wound care; incl. negative pressure wound therapy and complex wounds
- ….and more
- Must be Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the province of practice
- Experience in community health an asset
- Ability to observe and make effective assessment of clinical issues
- Able to initiate and support health teaching, facilitation and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that allow for effective engagement with clients, staff and the public
- Ability to be independent with decision-making
- Ability to problem solve and to adapt nursing interventions as appropriate
- Effective time management skills for the independent planning and organizing of daily work activity
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
More reasons to join our team
- One-on-one client care
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Start benefits right away (includes health, dental and long-term disability)
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Be part of the best home care team in healthcare - 120 years strong!
Come for the job, stay for the learning, and the chance to make a real difference.
Apply today www.von.ca
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.