Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
Position at VON Canada (Nova Scotia)
The power to change lives!
Tired of fluorescent lights and call bells? With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work are different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you know you've helped someone remain independent, and meet some great people along the way.
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal, and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
Our Continuing Care Assistants provide care in client homes and other settings in communities across Nova Scotia:
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing, and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- ….and much more
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
What we need from you:
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification (CCA)
- PSW, HSW, etc. certification from another province (who are enrolled in or are eligible to enroll in the Nova Scotia CCA Recognizing Prior Learning (PLAR) Program)
- Students in nursing, CCA programs, and internationally educated nurses will also be considered
- Current CPR/First Aid required
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check is required, a Vulnerable Sector Search may also be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Come for the job, stay for the chance to make a real difference.
We have positions available in our Cumberland County, Richmond County, Pictou County, Colchester East Hants, Annapolis Valley, and Shelburne sites.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff are our top priority.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: Continuing Care Assistants, CCA, Personal Support Worker, care assistant, nursing assistant, health care, home care