Patient Care Attendant 2
COMPETITION NUMBER: EM20392
CLASSIFICATION NAME: Patient Care Attendant 2
POSITION TITLE: Patient Care Attendant 2
CLASSIFICATION CODE: 3025
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE 1252
UNIT LOCATION: Tracadie-Sheila
STATUS: Full Time Temporary
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: Days, evenings, and nights. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October 26, 2020
ANTICIPATED END DATE: October 25, 2021
SALARY RANGE: As per collective agreement
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Written and spoken competence in English or French is required.
CLOSING DATE: October 22, 2020
Participates with members of the interdisciplinary EMP team in the delivery of patient care; positions, lifts, and transfer of patients.
The incumbent will be part of a regional rapid response team to support vulnerable sectors ( including but not limited to Long Term Care Facilities, Correctional Facilities, Homeless Shelters) in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak. The goal of this team will be to ensure rapid isolation and containment at the time of the first identified case while ensuring quality onsite resident centered care and support to the staff. Travel within the province of New Brunswick will be required to support an outbreak in a vulnerable sector that may require to be on site for an extended period of time ( ie. a minimum of 2 weeks).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduation plus an additional patient care program/course of up to six months or equivalent.
- Experience working with adult patients would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the target population of Extra-Mural Services;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess leadership and coaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance; and
- Good computer knowledge and skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Note: For any positions in the St. Stephen EMP unit, a valid Canadian passport or Nexus card will be required.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please click here to apply.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.