Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr.-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory - Molecular Genetics
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This position involves clinical and technical work within one or more laboratory fields to provide services for the diagnosis, treatment and therapeutic monitoring of patients.
- Clinical genetics technologist certification from the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS);
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Degree from a recognized school of medical laboratory technology or clinical genetics technology, including cytogenetics and molecular pathology;
- Analytical thinking;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Knowledge of and respect for laboratory safety principles;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.