IT Support Specialist
We're fortunate to share our successes with an incredible and talented team who share a passion for what they do. Right now, we have an immediate opening for an experienced IT Support Specialist to join our team.
Currently, this role requires you to work from a home office. You will also be required to travel to company facilities within HRM, at the discretion of the IT Manager. As Covid restrictions are lifted, you will be required to relocate to the Halifax office.
- Order, set-up, and install end user desktops, laptops, printers, VoIP phones, and mobile devices;
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of workstation, printer, email, phone, and some basic network issues;
- Serve as the primary point of contact within the Helpdesk, coordinating issues with higher levels of support until issue resolution;
- Serve as the key knowledge source regarding computer performance, application compatibility, and general user experience;
- Identify improvements to the Service Catalogue and work with other stakeholders to enhance its scope;
- Provide administrative support of G-Suite and research features with the interest of continuous improvement;
- Serve as an associative resource for server maintenance, including upgrades and patches;
- Serve as primary resource for onboarding new employees and temporary workers/consulting resources, including all devices, accounts, and related IT training;
- Track assets and ensure they are assigned in accordance with company policies;
- Perform certain activities with regard to the following security systems:
- Solutions Dr CCTV security cameras
- Keyscan Swipe-Cards
- Serve as the primary resource for Anti-virus protection of endpoints and general Anti-virus related duties;
- Administer Encryption (BitLocker) for end-point devices in accordance with company policies;
- Identify Solutions to common problems and format/document/publish how-to guides and related knowledgebase documentation;
- In concert with the IT Manager, oversee the processes of user security awareness training delivery;
- Carry out administrative functions within Active Directory such as managing user accounts, group memberships, permissions, etc.;
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology;
- At least 2+ years of practical experience working in Information Technology or IT Support;
- Experience with various iterations of the following products:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, RADIUS;
- Understanding of Network theory and protocols, ex. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSH, SMTP, HTTPS, FTP etc.;
- Experience working with Network Devices such as Firewalls, Routers, Switches, or Wireless Access Points;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as excellent customer service orientation;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct self-directed research to understand and resolve emergent issues;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with little supervision;
- Able to multitask as well as handle challenging priorities;
- Must be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance.
- Experience with Cisco Security Products like Duo, AMP for Endpoints, and Umbrella;
- Experience working in IT Security or familiarity with NIST 800-171 and related Cybersecurity frameworks;
- Experience with backup technologies, particularly Veeam;
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies, particularly Hyper-V and Failover Cluster;
- Experience with Storage Network technologies;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Servers and Database Administration;
- Experience with Web Servers, Web Hosting, Certificates, and DMZs.
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual who wishes to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best...