Social Worker 1
COMPETITION NUMBER: EM20182
CLASSIFICATION NAME: Social Worker 1
POSITION TITLE: Social Worker 1
CLASSIFICATION CODE: 6705-SW-1
BARGAINING UNIT: NB Union - Specialized Health Care Professionals
UNIT LOCATION: Edmundston
STATUS: Part Time Temporary
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT: 0.5
HOURS OF WORK: 0800hr to 1600hr Thursday and Friday and every second Wednesday (rotating). Subject to change due to operational requirements.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July 13th, 2020
ANTICIPATED END DATE: April 1st, 2023
SALARY RANGE: As per collective agreement
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Written and spoken competence in English and French is required
CLOSING DATE: July 9th, 2020
As a member of the interdisciplinary EMP team, the Social Worker is responsible for coordinating and providing quality care within the scope of practice to patients and families.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an approved school of social work;
- Member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers and meet the requirements of the Canadian Association of Social Workers;
- Knowledge of the target population of Extra-Mural Services and available community services;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months, or be prepared to obtain within 3 months;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess leadership and coaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please click here to apply.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.