Human Resources Advisor
NOTE: Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
CLASSIFICATION: Human Resources Advisor
STATUS: Temporary full-time (Approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the responsibility of the Senior Human Resources Advisor, the Human Resources Advisor acts as a consultant and HR partner in a supporting approach to a diverse client group across the Network. Support is provided through advice, orientations, references and direct interventions. The Regional HR Advisor provides support in various aspects of HR, including workforce planning, recruitment, staffing, engagement, labour relations with employees, total compensation (pay equity, job descriptions, classifications, salaries, benefits), change/performance management, work attendance, etc. The extended HR team is completed by people with a more specialized role and, just like external key partners, these people are precious contributors and references. The advisor will build on the organization's management philosophy, policies and procedures, current collective agreements and labour legislation to ensure sound interpretations and judgments. The advisor may also be assigned various mandates within the scope of HR Management activities .
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Human Resources Management option - and/or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP);
- Master's degree in a field related to the functions of the position considered a definite asset;
- Broad recent experience in human resources management in a unionized environment;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be taken into consideration;
- Proficiency in the use of computer tools;
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Sound judgment, accompanied by listening, analytical, summarizing, and problem-solving skills;
- Client-focused and excellent communication, networking, interpersonal relationship, and coaching skills;
- Leadership influence and ability to act as a change agent;
- Drive, autonomy, flexibility, and creativity in performing duties;
- Collaborative spirit and broad perspective of the organization and its needs;
- Ability to travel for work;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Spoken and written competence in English and French is required.
1. Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.