Codiac Regional RCMP
Job # P873A
"Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play."
The City of Moncton is seeking candidates interested in a challenging and rewarding career in public safety and law enforcement and fire services who possess proven multi-tasking abilities, solid computer and keyboarding skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a high-pressure environment while handling issues in a calm and professional manner.
We are seeking team players that are committed to providing quality service and want to work in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career field. These positions work with the Codiac Regional RCMP and are located at the 9-1-1 Center in Dieppe.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Have a post-secondary education from an accredited institution in a legal, policing, business, social science, technology or communications program or other similar program.
- Experience in the policy environment is highly desirable for this position.
- Ability to be fully functional in both official languages (English and French) is a requirement. As per provincial language proficiency standards, fluency is determined to be at the Intermediate + (2+) level.
- Typing speed of forty (40) wpm is required
- Intensive background RCMP security clearance is required as a condition of employment
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays and during severe weather conditions.
Please note: The position requires the incumbent to have the ability to communicate verbally in both official languages and have the ability to enter data in the English language.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS: Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. The City offers an attractive benefits and salary package in keeping with the City Hall Employees Association/PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall. To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at 506-877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - OPEN
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)