COMPETITION NUMBER: EM20048
CLASSIFICATION NAME: Rehabilitation Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Rehabilitation Assistant
CLASSIFICATION CODE: 3052
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE 1252
UNIT LOCATION: St. Stephen
STATUS: Full Time Permanent
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: 0800hr to 1600hr Monday to Friday. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
ANTICIPATED END DATE: Not Applicable
SALARY RANGE: As per collective agreement
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Written and spoken competence in English is required.
CLOSING DATE: February 27th, 2020
Participates with members of the interdisciplinary team to provide care to patients where the first objective of care rehabilitation is to restore, maintain and improve the level of functional independence of clients/patients
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduation or equivalent plus and an additional Rehabilitation Techniques Program/ Course of over one year and up to two years with preference being given to those who have taken a comprehensive rehabilitation course with specialties in occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech language therapy and audiology;
- Experience working with adult patients would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the target population of Extra-Mural Services;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess leadership and coaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance; and
- Good computer knowledge and skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Note: For any positions in the St. Stephen EMP unit, a valid Canadian passport or Nexus card will be required.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please click here to apply.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.