Psychologist 1 (PC01)
NOTE : Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Community Mental Health - Polyavlente Thomas-Albert - Grand Falls
DEPARTMENT: Community Mental Health - Grand Falls
CLASSIFICATION: Psychologist 1 (PC01)
STATUS: Permanent Full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
As a member of the Child/Youth team, the successful candidate will provide a range of mental health services to children and young people (0-21 years) with various mental health disorders. The development and maintenance of effective working relations with clients, families, colleagues, other departments and organizations, and the public constitutes an important aspect of this position. The successful candidate will be asked to travel to provide services in various locations that can accommodate the clients served. This includes, without being limited to, schools, the community, mental health centres as well as the other Child/Youth teams in Zone 4.
- Active member of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick;
- Master's in clinical psychology followed by at least three years of supervised work, or a doctorate in psychology followed by at least one year of supervised work;
- Experience in mental health would be an asset;
- ASIST training or other equivalent training;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Following personal qualities: sound judgment, initiative and creativity, and ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "