Food Services Supervisor (2029)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital - Bathurst
DEPARTMENT: Food and Nutrition Services
CLASSIFICATION: Food Services Supervisor (2029)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
STATUS: Permanent part-time
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12hour shifts Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will be required to supervise the staff in the performance of their work. He or she will check the information related to patient's prescribed diet by comparing it to the patient's care plan. Prepare work schedules ensuring that there are enough employees for work to be done and plan for replacements. Monitor and keep records of work hours, authorize work hours, and prepare and submit payroll data. Conduct quality control audits to ensure that standards are met and issues are reported. He or she will make sure that employees receive an orientation. He or she will also take part in performance appraisals.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Completion of a recognized course in Food Services Management;
- Minimum of three years related experience;
- Understanding of the basics of computer use;
- Must have demonstrated supervisory ability;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "