Social Worker 1 (SW01)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Centre - Grand Falls
DEPARTMENT: Adult Short Term - Grand Falls
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS: Temporary part-time (approximately 10 months)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Day shifts - Monday to Friday With possibility of night shifts and weekends Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will provide a full range of services to clients with various mental health problems. The successful candidate will work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for the following: assessments, diagnosis, treatment, individual, family and group counseling, crisis intervention, prevention, health promotion and awareness.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Experience in mental health or addictions an asset;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) by set deadline;
- Ability to form effective partnerships with the community network;
- Ability to offer group sessions to clients;
- Good computer skills;
- Clinical judgment and good analytical skills;
- Leadership and good decision-making skills;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Valid driver's license and willingness to use own vehicle for work;
- Willingness to travel within the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
1. May be asked to serve other MH Centers within the zone according the operational need.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "