COMPETITION NUMBER: EM20041
CLASSIFICATION NAME: Registered Nurse Class C
POSITION TITLE: Resource Nurse
CLASSIFICATION CODE: RNCC
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
UNIT LOCATION: Woodstock
STATUS: Full Time Temporary
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: 0800hr to 1600hr Monday to Friday, rotating. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: February 10th, 2020
ANTICIPATED END DATE: February 3rd, 2021
SALARY RANGE: As per collective agreement
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Written and spoken competence in English is required.
CLOSING DATE: February 20th, 2020
Under the supervision of the manager, the Resource Nurse provides clinical guidance and support to EMP clinical staff in the planning and delivery of care to EMP patients and their families/support persons. They will act as a clinical leader, role model and change agent. The Resource Nurse will be responsible for clinical training and orientating of clinical staff at the local and regional levels.
They will collaborate in the development and updating of policies, procedures and protocols and the implementation of best practices and act as a resource person to clinical staff for managing clinical cases.
Roles and Responsibilities
Clinical Leadership and Patient Care
- Collaborates in the implementation of home care best practices.
- Maintains open lines of communication between members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides leadership and supports clinical staff with complex clinical situations in accordance with EMP Unit policies and procedures. Supports the team in the EMP Approval/Denial process where appropriate.
- Consults in developing and revising the policies, procedures, protocols and any other clinical documentation related to EMP.
- Promotes interdisciplinary patient centered care approach.
- Provides direct care to patients as needed based on unit requirements.
- Supports clinical staff to maintain ongoing collaborative relationship with the patient's primary provider (physician or Nurse Practitioner) and other healthcare professionals.
- Supports manager with Approval/Denial as requested.
- Communicates with Clinical manager and Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Attends discipline specific meetings as appropriate
Staff Orientation and Development
- Prepares, coordinates and delivers orientation and continuing education programs focused on skills specific to homecare practices and works in conjunction with other resource nurses across the EMP.
- Ensures the orientation material and training content are up to date.
- Promotes principals of home care practice with EMP clinical staff and supports nurses in developing skills needed to be competent.
- Acts as a mentor with new EMP clinical staff.
- Ongoing and monitoring professional competencies and certifications- conduct "skills lab"- linked to EMP Education manager and Clinical Nurse Specialist positions
- Assists the clinical manager with the monitoring and assessment of clinical activities and nursing competencies needed to meet home care standards.
- Assists the clinical manager with identification of educational needs, training needs and opportunities.
- Offers sessions to clinical staff in order to maintain required certifications (advanced skills, etc.).
- Trains the staff on using new pieces of equipment and techniques relevant to specific practice.
- Collaborates with the development of patient's educational tools and resources required for patients and families' teaching.
- Supports clinical staff in the acquisition of community problem solving / critical thinking skills in an effort to support informed decision-making.
- Participates in caseload review with the manager in an effort to support efficiency and consistency in caseload management as well as meeting home care best practice and EMP clinical practice leadership guidelines.
- Collaborates in the implementation of appropriate home care indicators and ensure that EMP staff is aware of the indicators and follow the provincial EMP Clinical Practice leadership Practice documents for home care.
- Supports EMP accountability framework to contribute to efficient performance
Quality Improvement and Risk Management
- Collaborates in quality improvement initiatives as required.
- Responds to Wound Care consults generated through PIXalere (works in conjunction with EMP Skin & Wound Care Network)
- Assists in finding potential patients for researchers through the promotion of approved projects.
- Participates in research projects as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing;
- Must be registered (active) or ability to register with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with EMP acquired over the past eight (8) years;
- Demonstrated ability to provide education programs using exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and teaching skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of current health trends, principles of home health care, community care, senior, acute, supportive and palliative care;
- Knowledge of the target population of EMP and available community resources;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Demonstrated strong competency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as confidence in computer use.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess leadership and coaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must demonstrate capacity to work independently
- Must have a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional behaviours.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please click here to apply.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.